Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

Hanging outdoor curtains between a brick wall and a metal pole

I have done a bunch of online research and have yet to come up with a solution so hopefully this forum can help me! I have a large balcony and I'd like to hang outdoor curtains (very light weight) on one side of it for privacy. The length of the space is 150 inches and the curtains would need  to be hung between a brick wall and a metal pole. I've also considered hanging them from the ceiling if possible. The ceiling is concrete. I tried looking for outdoor tension rods but none seem to be long enough to accommodate the size. Any recommendations on what to use and how to install would be much appreciated! I've added a few images of the space to show the wall, pole and ceiling. Thanks
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-07-15T16:13:44+0000  by studiostyleblog studiostyleblog
Great, thanks for the drill and bit info! I will definitely be getting lights for the railing. I don't have much of a green thumb so I don't think the planters would survive, unfortunately. I did get a couple of fake plants for the balcony though :) 

I'll be sure to post photos when it's all complete next month. I'm also chronicling everything on my blog as well!
 http://studiostyleblog.com/

Great guesses on the location! I'm in DC. 
Posted 2015-07-24T20:36:37+0000  by studiostyleblog
I'll have another person to help out with this project, but I'm wondering if it might just be easier to have a professional/handyman do the install instead... does home depot offer any kind of installation services on a project like this? I have a small budget, but it might be easier/quicker to have someone else more qualified do the installation part if possible. Thanks again! 
Posted 2015-07-26T21:38:54+0000  by studiostyleblog
Greetings Studiostyleblog,

I just wanted to check in and see if you have hung you outdoor curtains, and how you did it?

I hope you are enjoying your outdoor space!

We would love to see some pictures if you get a chance.

All the best,  Maureen
Posted 2015-08-25T12:53:21+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS
I'm with Maureen, Studiostyleblog!

I've been watching and waiting to see photos of your creation!
Posted 2015-09-15T16:10:40+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Hi everyone, 

I'm back with photos of the end result! It turned out great and I'm loving the look! I ended up going a slightly different route with an ikea product, but all of the advice and tips from the HD community was so helpful and really got the brainstorming process going. Thanks again for your time and advice! I've attached a few photos and more can be viewed on my blog here: http://studiostyleblog.com/2015/08/31/balcony-reveal/
Posted 2015-09-18T15:49:16+0000  by studiostyleblog
Beautiful nightscape StudioStyleBlog!

Morning coffee on the terrace; what a way to start your day.

Really love the space ... the kind that invites you outside to enjoy a private moment.

Thanks for sharing this outstanding project and your completion photos!
Posted 2015-09-22T17:18:07+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Greeting studiostyleblog,

Wow!! I just saw your updated pictures....amazing!!

The sheer curtains add an enchanting element to your outdoor living space.

Your space has been totally transformed, it looks so inviting….I bet you can’t wait to get home and escape to, and relax on your tranquil oasis looking over your lovely city.

Thank you so much for updating us, I love, love, love it!!

It was so nice to see and read all the input, and suggestions on your curtain rod solution, thanks again for your initial question…..what a beautiful outcome!

Wishing only wonderful times and great moments on your patio…enjoy,   Maureen

Posted 2015-10-13T14:31:37+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+