Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Has anyone recently renovated a home?

If so, now may be a great time to sell. My wife and I recently sold our home and bought a older townhome in Cordova. Though we know a lot about real estate, we have never done any heavy renovations. The associates at the Home Depot in Cordova were very helpful, and they were able to show us what tools we needed to get the job done.

So if you are thinking about and are afaid, just go for it. It felt great to tear out all of the bathroom tile. :smileyvery-happy: It also feels great to have put some sweat equity into our home! If you have any real estate questions or just want to chat about the work of your home pre or post renovation, feel free to contact me. Below is my card:

http://OneCardMe.com/courtneyhasthekey

Thanks Home Depot,

Courtney Taylor

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-17T06:19:06+0000  by cthasthekey cthasthekey

Hi Courtney,

I have just completed a complete kitchen remodel.  I tore everything out of the 1970's kitchen; cupboards and floor tile. We replaced the cabinets with a maple,  the counters with granite and the floor with a porcelain tile that looks like wood flooring.  We also did a subway tile backslash as well.  My wife is very happy with the results.  The Home Depot did a great job on the cabinets, counters and the backsplash!  We did the floor tile our selves!

About two years ago we did a complete remodel of our bathroom.  Although we could not make the 1950's bathroom any bigger, we made the cupboards and sink area more functional and had our tub repainted and glazed.  Wow, what a difference!!  We decided that moving was not an option and that spending the money our our current house was a much better investment.  

After four years of projects, we have a new kitchen, new bathroom, a new roof & rain gutters, (also done by The Home Depot) and new thermal windows in the back of the house.    

Doing the demo and painting of the kitchen as well as the floor tile saved us about $3500 on our 21K  kitchen remodel project.  Some of the work was challenging but the end product was worth it!!!  There are some things that are better left to the professionals who do it on a daily basis. Do not be afraid to attempt some of the basic stuff yourself.  With teamwork, it can be accomplished!!  

We also replaced our Refrigerator, Stove, Microwave and Dishwasher, Washer and Dryer through The Home Depot as well!!

You can do it too.  We did!!!! As Home Depot says " Lets Do This".

Posted 2014-01-17T20:58:38+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+