Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Heating a large space quietly?

I'm not entirely certain this should go here, but there seemed to be nothing in the way of an HVAC area. Hopefully someone has some advice.

I have a large theater space that has a noisy furnace that runs most of the time and heat the space just fine when it's on. However, as soon as it shuts off, the space begins to cool down, to the point that, to keep the space comfortable for patrons, we would have to keep the loud furnace on. I'd like to put in some kind of heater (plug-in, 120V) or heaters that could keep the space comfortable and maintain the temperature. It's a poorly insulated space, similar to a garage or warehouse space, so heat escapes pretty quick, when it's this cold. It's probably 800 square feet with 20 foot ceilings.

Any advice is much appreciated. I already tried putting oil-filled radiator-style heaters in there, to little effect. They were cost-effective, though, which is why I chose them. Thanks in advance!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-16T23:29:43+0000  by sebastions1 sebastions1

Hi Sebastions1,

While we are flattered you would ask us this question, what you need is to have a professional HVAC contractor evaluate your space and make a professional reccomendation that is not only effective but also safe for you patrons.

Mike,

Posted 2014-01-17T00:18:09+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+