Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Hello, I have been buying F & G fence stain by Wolmans for quite a while but in the past few weeks

In the past few weeks it has been saying online that it is "out of stock online"   I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to when this product is going to be in stock again or if you are going to stop carrying it.      Thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-15T02:09:11+0000  by cavalier cavalier

Hello cavalier!

I am sorry that you've experienced this problem.

I looked online and depending upon in which state you reside, you can order F&P online and have it delivered to your store.

Click the link to jump to the F&P page.

Check the site details, but in some cases orders more than $45 ship for free.

This should get you the product you need in just a few days.

HOW MUCH TO ORDER?

Multiply the length times the width of your surface to calculate square feet of coverage required.

Wolman's says their product will cover 200 square feet per gallon.

They recommend applying with a brush.

Posted 2013-10-15T14:12:43+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Hello and thank you for your quick response.    I still go back to Home Depot site and all F&G is "out of stock online".   My zip code is 27407  and the link I go to is as follows.........http://www.homedepot.com/p/F-P-Finish-Preservative-5-gal-Transparent-Oil-Based-Natural-Deep-Penetrating-Exterior-Wood-Stain-202353/202202125#.Ul4EyfTD9eM     I'm wondering if they are going to quit carrying this product since all these products have been out of stock online for quite a while now.....Thank you in advance.

Posted 2013-10-16T03:20:18+0000  by cavalier

Yes cavalier,

I do see that ... upon click-thru to order it says "This item no longer available online."

It looks as though we'll have to ID another product or ID another vendor.

Although the Wolman's label says, "Rich Oil Finish," it also says, "Easy Water Clean-up."

This is very similar to Behr Transparent Weatherproofing Wood Finish.

Use Behr's color chart and identify the closest color in transparent.

Then purchase a quart (the smallest quantity) and try the color against your existing finish.

Hopefully, you'll find this alternative product an acceptable solution.

Posted 2013-10-17T16:48:56+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+