Sign In to join the community | Help
Customer Care

Help in Chicagoland

I have a friend in Downers Grove, IL that wants to build a simple structure from PVC pipe and was wondering if anyone here knows an associate in one the neighborhood stores who would be willing help with the project.  The most convenient stores for my friend would be #1916 - Downers Grove, #1942 - Woodridge, # 1982 - Oakbrook Terrace, or #1905 - Darien.

I can provide a materials list, it's just 1/2" (or maybe 3/4") PVC pipe and about 12 fittings and a sketch of the structure. The associate would need to help get the fittings/pipe off the shelf, cut several pieces of pipe (12-14 cuts), and show her how to put it together.

If anyone can help or knows someone who can, that would be fantastic.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-10-13T17:48:34+0000  by Adam444 Adam444

Hello Adam.

Actually, what you are asking is a pretty common event in our plumbing departments.  I do this kind of thing frequently at the Downers Grove store, and am sure that other stores have similar stories.  Any plumbing associate at my store will be happy to pull the materials and cut these small pipes.  We use a PVC razor cutter that makes very clean, straight cuts.  Weekdays are best for this since plumbing often has only 1 employee at a time who gets quite busy on weekends.  GO CUBS!

Chris.

Posted 2017-10-13T18:05:45+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Chris,

What I was thinking is that the you and I could work out the details in advance and then my friend could come in a preset time to meet with you, rather that some random associate.  I understand there aren't appointments in plumbing and there's no way to predict what the next customer might need but we could try to pick a time where the store is slower and wouldn't interfere with, say, your lunch break.  I know how hard associates work and want this to be as painless as possible for everyone involved.

Is that something that would work for you?

Posted 2017-10-14T11:17:53+0000  by Adam444
Yes.  I will e-mail you.
Posted 2017-10-17T13:43:48+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Yes I agree
Posted 2017-11-02T23:12:43+0000  by Lagata Leperronss

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+