Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Help me save my garden!

Why are the leaves on my hibiscus plant turning yellow?
I also have 2 periwinkle plants that are planted next to each other and one is turning yellow and brown the other is beautiful and green... What could be going wrong?
I also have a trumpet vine that the top(vines) is all brown and dried up but the base of the plant looks green and seems ok....

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-06-10T04:24:01+0000  by Ikillallplants Ikillallplants

Howdy Ikillallplants,

There are a few reasons why your plants are turning yellow. Let's go over why so we can fix this problem.

Fertilizing- Everyone needs to eat and plants are not different in this manner. An acidic fertilizer can give your plant the nutrition it needs and turn that yellow to green.

Watering- Hibiscus, Periwinkle, and Trumpet Vines need water about 2-3 times a week during daylight hours only. If you are watering too often, the ground is too hard, or you are watering at night this could easily cause a yellowing.

Light-Most tropical plants need at least 6 hours of direct sunlight. If your plants are in the shade (except for the periwinkle of course) they can turn the leaves yellow.

Pests-Bugs such as whitefly and spider mites are attracted to many tropical plants, especially Hibiscus.

Happy Gardening,
Coach Dave

Posted 2018-06-11T19:00:05+0000  by Dave_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+