Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

Help w/getting Hard-wired Grill Light to Work

We just bought a home w/a built-in bbq that has a hard-wired grill light next to the grill that does not work.  I have replaced the bulb 2x thinking maybe it was the bulb but I think it something else.  The wire goes into the ground behind the grill.  I am clueless as to what to do.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2010-11-22T03:52:26+0000  by AJGrahamFam AJGrahamFam

Hey there AJGrahamFam,

As a fan of the grill and proud owner of one myself, you have to make sure you are prepared when you fire up the beast for a cookout. In dealing with electricity, the line coming from the power source in your house to the grill outside is only going to be as strong as its weakest point. I would start from wherever the wire goes down into the ground and follow it if you can to its source in your breaker panel, so you can eliminate any guesses.  With that in mind, I would check to see since you have an exterior receptacle attached to it such as a GFCI, that may have tripped, or if that doesn't work, inspect the light socket or check any wiring connections throughout the line to see if anything is not right upon closer inspection. Of course, you will need to  turn off the breaker going to the light before working or inspecting anything. Also, be mindful of the light bulbs you are using as well. If you are using halogen bulbs that are pin-type or tube-like, that could be the culprit. Smaller halogen bulbs are fragile and the oils from your fingers react to the glass on the bulb causing them to fail prematurely and even not light up at all. However, if its a regular socket based bulb, then disregard, but while you're there, again check the socket to make sure it fits on tight and shows no signs of rust, if came with the house as you said.

Hopefully you'll get that light up and running soon so you can fire up the grill well after the sun goes down!

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2010-11-22T14:47:26+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+