Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Help with MSL

Hi,

I have read almost everything I could find about the MSL products on this forum, and I would like to get some sage advice before jumping in with both feet on my project....I have painted my formal living room ceiling a soft gray-green color, and I would like to add a sheer shimmer to it. What product do you recommmend, and tools and method to apply? Should I use a brush and do a Cross-Hatch technique, or just roll it on with some type of roller? (The ceiling is a smooth ceiling) Thanks in advance for your help!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-01-11T06:57:01+0000  by oneromanticgirl oneromanticgirl

Welcome to our community Oneromanticgirl! 

My name is Christine and I work in the paint department at The Home Depot. 

Martha Stewart Precious Metals paint will give you the sheer shimmer that you are looking for. This look comes requires a lot of preparation and time.  

Painting the ceiling can be tricky. Before you begin, you will want to move out any furniture that you can and cover everything that you have left behind, including the floors. You will also want to make sure you cover yourself as thoroughly as possible, including your hair, hands and eyes.   

In talking to PaintPro, he says that best way to achieve a smooth finish with Precious Metals is by spraying it. In our stores, we have many project sprayers that will work for your project. Make sure you spray it evenly and allow it to dry before adding a second coat. 

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Christine 

Posted 2013-01-14T15:32:05+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+