Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Hi I saw the HD Video I'm making a HANGING PALLET VERTICAL living garden and I would like to install a watering and drainage system any suggestions please help......Thanks Astrid F

Hi I saw the HD Video I'm making a HANGING PALLET VERTICAL living garden and I would like to install a watering and drainage system any suggestions please help......Thanks Astrid F
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-06-27T21:03:24+0000  by Toy Toy

Howdy Toy,

Making a vertical pallet garden is a fun and easy way to grow vegetables, succulents, or whatever you want to. The idea that I came with for you is a simple drip irrigation system with a few pieces needed.

Here is a quick guide from the brand Orbit on what you will need:

Here is my sketch of where to place the tubing. I decided to put it in the center near the plants to make best use of the water. If you want a cleaner look you could use nail clips (sku# 184-467).

As for the drainage, this shouldn’t be a concern as long as there is a 3/16 to about 1/8 gap between the wood on bottom and the sides for each section or the pallet as a whole. I recommend always using a quality soil when growing succulents or vegetables.

Happy Gardening,

Coach Dave

Posted 2015-06-29T19:29:30+0000  by Dave_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+