Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Hole saw adapter?

I must be missing some pieces for my Craftsman 3/8" drill because I don't see how to attach a hole saw to it.  Is there an adapter I need?  If so, what's it called? And can I buy this by itself?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-03-18T22:08:11+0000  by dhassi dhassi

Hello dhassi,


Welcome to the community.


It sounds like you might be missing a piece to your how saw. Every time I've had this question in the store the customer was missing the hole saw arbor. It is the piece that attaches to the actual hole saw and then you put it into the chuck on the drill.

 hole saw arbor.jpg             hole saw.jpg

             Hole Saw Arbor                            Hole Saw


They come apart so that you can change out the different size hole saw. The arbor looks like a drill bit with an attachment on it. Depending on the brand of hole saw you have we do carry a few of them by them selves. Just bring in your hole saw to your local store and take it to the hardware department and they should be able to help you.


If you can upload a picture of your drill and hole saw we can probably help you here also. What ever is easiest for you.


Posted 2011-03-18T22:42:34+0000  by Christine_HD_OC
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question