Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

Home Depot Extended Protection Plan

Modern appliances offer features and conveniences we never imagined just a few short years ago. And many of these new features require electronic controls. Some new appliances even have computer controls.

Yet the appliance manufactures only offer a 1 year warranty. That's why The Home Depot offers the Extended Protection Plan, with up to 4 years additional complete coverage for your appliance.

For the price of one service call, the Extended Protection Plan covers any repairs for your appliance may need.

Check out the link and video below for more details.

Mike, The Home Depot Answer Man

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentView?pn=SF_MS_Extended_Protection_Plans

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-12-09T00:40:34+0000  by Mike_HD_OC Mike_HD_OC

VERY FRUSTATED:    I purchased an LG washing machine Model # WT5101H on 11/27/2010. From HOME DEPOT and I also purchased the Home Depot extended  4 year warranty plan. It was a $1100.00 washer on sale for $749.00 . On 10/6/2013 the machine broke down. I called Home Depot's warranty center on 10/7/2013 to have the washer repaired an they set up an appointment two days later on the 9th and said the repair man would be there between 8am & noon. So on the 9th I received a call around 11am  from the repairman and said he would be there around 5pm. When he got there he looked at the machine an said the whole motor assembly would have to be replaced an that it would take 10 to 14 days to get the part which I thought was ridiculous. The next day I called an LG service and was told it only takes 24 to 48 ours to get the parts. So then I called Home Depot Warranty and told them what I found out, and I was told that they could no authorize any one else to repair it. I waited until 10/29/2013 and called them again and was told that the claim was not authorized yet. I could not believe it, nothing had been done, the parts weren’t even ordered . Then I asked to talk to a manager. When I talked to the manager I was told the same thing and there was nothing she could do about it. I lost it;;;;; Then  when I told her I was going to report it to the BBB, and a local news TV channel she then connected me to another person by the name of  Aron. I had to explain every thing I went thru and he told me that he would have to find out what actually happened because that it only takes minutes to get this authorization not weeks. He told me that he would find out what happened an would call me back. About 45 minutes later he did call me back an said he had found the problem but he would not disclose it to me. Then he told me that he got everything straightened out and that the parts were in stock and that he had talked to the service man and promised me that it would be repaired on or before Monday 11/4/2013, he also gave me  his phone number so that I could call him back if there was still a problem and that he would call me on Tuesday the 5th to make sure that the repairs were made, So I waited until Monday the 4th of November and decided to call the service center that was suppose to do the repairs and was told that the parts were on order and haven't come in yet. So then I called Aron at Home Depot warranty and  ended up leaving a message on his answering machine about this but he never called me back, He never called me back on Tuesday either. So know here it it almost a month later and still don't have a washing machine to use.

Posted 2013-11-06T14:08:49+0000  by johnzinkand

Mike,

I am a very frustrated customer who is dealing with the Home Depot Extended Warranty (HDEW) Plan for the 3rd time for the same issue.  Briefly, I bought a Maytag Dishwasher in 2011 and bought the 4 year extended warranty plan.  The dishwasher's control board first failed about 7 months after I bought the unit, it then failed again last year and once more a week ago.  Each time for the same issue: the control board simply stops working and the dishwasher will not power up.  Each time the duration of service and the number of phone calls required to move the service call along consumes far too much of my time and energy.  Not to mentioned the call quality is terrible when I telephone the outsourced call center (sounded distinctly like the Tagalog language from the Philippines) and tried to obtain help; it sounded better in my childhood soup-can-and-string days and took less time. (press 1 for this, press 2 for that, press 4 for this: 12 minutes before an actual person picked up????)

At the second instance of the dishwasher failure, the folks at HDEW said the dishwasher would be replaced should it fail again under the same circumstances.  It failed again a week ago, I called for service and the technician informed me it's the same issue as before (curiously, the same service technician came out again and remembers us).  Except now the technician tells me the part is backordered by at least 2 months as the factory no longer stocks it.  I called HDEW and asked that the unit be replaced as per the last time it broke.  Their response: No. It only failed once before, under our coverage.  We'll call and see if we can speed up the replacement part.

Really??  Are you really going to sit there and tell me it only failed once before???  I would be happy to produce the documents form each repair call.

Each time the unit has failed, the time required from the start of my call that first reports an issue, until the time the dishwasher is back up and running, has taken anywhere from 3-5 weeks.  Separately, I have a washing machine also purchased with a HDEW plan, and it too has been met with the same slow response to repair when it failed twice before.

We are a household of 2 adults and 2 young active children, ergo we have need for a durable dishwasher (and other household appliances).  Forgoing the former, the latter approach of a warranty backed up by a company that backs up the coverage plans would be helpful.  But the service I received from HDEW is ANYTHING but helpful!

I am now of the mindset that I will never buy another appliance from Home Depot out of sheer frustration; it is simply too painful.

The less-than-helpful people who represent HDEW really seem to be doing what they can to besmirch Home Depot's name.  I would encourage you to consider if this relationship with the plan providor is really worth the number of angry people in similar situations as I.  A cursory examination on the internet of people taking issue with the HDEW will produce more reading that anyone would care to undertake.

-Frustrated in Seattle.

Posted 2013-09-12T20:23:10+0000  by Seattle_Jason

Thanks Mike, I called the phone number and the store associate sorted everything out for me. Cheers! 

Posted 2013-09-07T23:01:45+0000  by Richjim100

Hi Richjim100,

If you purchased the plan after your appliance delivery you will have to call and register it. Call 1800- Home Depot (1-800-466-3337) and follow the prompts.

You will need information from your register receipt to register the plan. If you have any additional questions please let me know.

Mike,

Posted 2013-08-29T17:08:33+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Greetings, 

I've been having trouble registering my Extended plan. First of all, my family purchased a number of appliances from home depot on another day, and then purchase a 5 yr plan a month or so later. I'm looking at these receipts and the plan's receipt has a receipt number, but no plan number whatsover. (I see a 6-digit customer agreement # but I'm fairly certain that's not it, I've tried). 

I did read from this topic that the plan is already registered if delivered by Temco? I do recall seeing a white delivery loader on delivery day but uncertain if it's Temco. Any confirmation on this?

It's great to see home depot representative answering all queries within a acceptable timeline, thanks guys. 

Posted 2013-08-29T01:48:16+0000  by Richjim100

Geoff,

Just call 1-800 Home Depot (1-800-466-3337), the plan administrator will assit you in obtaining service under the

extended warranty for your machine.

Mike,

Posted 2013-08-22T22:16:11+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Hi justinosb,

If you purchased the Home Depot extended protection plan, just call 1-800-466-3337 and the plan administrator will

assist you in contacting a service provider in your area.

If you did not purchase the extended protection plan call GE for Service @ 1-800-432-2737

Mike,

Posted 2013-08-22T22:12:54+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

I purchased an extended warantee for my Maytag Maxima Washer.  It is giving me an error message of F01 and E01 and does not work.  i need it fixed asap  help please

Posted 2013-08-11T16:28:55+0000  by Geoff.ax1032

I have a GE stack washer-dryer bought approx. 2 years this past March.  It seems to be leaking.  Checking first if I'm covered by "something" and secondly what do I do now.  Thanks.

Posted 2013-08-06T16:20:17+0000  by justinosb

Hi Keith1944,

Just a note to inform you that if Temco, the regular Home Depot delivery service delivered your appliance, the Extended Protection Plan is automatically registered.

If your local Home Depot store delivered your appliance, (ie) a floor model or clearance item, then you will have to call 1-800-HOMEDEPOT to register your plan.

You should have received or will receive a written contract in the mail with your plan details. If you have any additional questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted 2012-08-20T17:05:14+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+