Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Honda mower SPEED CONTROL for HRR216K9VKA

Is anyone having a problem with the design of the speed control on HRR216K9VKA?  Shouldn't there be different speed "stops" or at least be able to set a reasonable maximum. The way it's set up, if you push all the way, you have to literally run to keep up.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-08-03T14:24:17+0000  by 610jp 610jp

Hey 610jp.

The mower can cut at a fast clip and some think full speed is too fast. Honda use to make a 3 speed mower but the competition made a hydrostatic mower that other people liked more, therefore the Honda now come as hydrostatic. I use to like to mow fast but I had the Honda 3 speed mower that went a little too slow for me. 19 years after I bought my Honda, I'm older and slower and don't mind the slower pace of the 3 speed. I am not aware of a way to set a slower max, unless you set something up to block the lever from going all the way down.

Posted 2017-08-03T15:14:32+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

Hi 610jp.

According to the Honda Manual for the HRR216K9VKA Lawnmower, there should be five different settings for the speed control from slow to fast.  Be sure to check your manual for the proper selection procedure. 

Do not attempt to adjust the position of the Smart Drive Control while the mower is in motion.

Instead, slide the multi-position adjuster to the left to unlock the control. Then move the Smart Drive Control up or down to adjust for the most comfortable speed. Release the multi-position adjuster and allow it to engage.  

The instructions are not specific if this is to be done with the engine running or before you start the engine up.

(See page 9 of your Honda operating Manual)

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/00X31VL0M040.pdf

One note of caution! Before starting the engine, you will need to release the Smart Drive control so that the mower will not start moving when you start the engine.

Unfortunately, that means that you will have to re-set the Smart Drive Control each time to operate the mower.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Rick_HD_OC

Posted 2017-08-04T17:25:19+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+