Sign In to join the community | Help

Houdini Dog

Hello all I have a dilemma. My dog is getting out of my backyard through the irrigation holes at the bottom of our fence. I put chicken wire up and placed cement blocks in front of it but she just moves the blocks (which is bewildering because she weighs like 4 pounds) but I've tried to nail and screw the chicken wire into place but it cracks the cement even with pilot holes and cement screws. I am looking into stapling it but am unsure the type of staples/staplegun to get. Can anyone give me any Ideas? 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-03-27T07:22:06+0000  by Alexmvaughn Alexmvaughn

Hi Alex,

It sounds like the fasteners have failed so far and have allowed your dog to continue to escape.

I would try another way to attach the wire that won't crack the concrete or do more damage. Of course, if you cover the hole too well, the drain might become clogged, creating more problems.

How large is the gap to be covered? Are you screwing into concrete blocks, or is it a wall? If you could attach a picture, that would help us to make the best recommendation.

-Travis
Posted 2015-03-27T14:56:26+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL
Hi Alex,

Another possibility includes driving two-foot sections of rebar through the wire and into the ground about one foot.

Not the most beautiful repair, however if placed at four-inch intervals you'll permanently prevent your four-pound escape artist from moving it and crawling through.
Posted 2015-08-20T15:42:54+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+