Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Hours on the phone and in the store

I've had the most frustrating time just trying to buy a few cans of spray paint. I had just signed up for my Home Depot Credit card and was hoping to make it my one stop shop.

Yesterday evening in Honolulu store, I waited to get someone’s attention. There weren't that many customers. But there wasn't much staff either. So, I used the app to find out if the item I was searching was in stock. It was, and I found where it was supposed to be. But the shelf was empty. I took a number only to realize that they weren't using the numbers.

I walked over to Customer Service to find out where the 43 that showed on the app were located. She found out that they had been delivered three days ago and should have been shelved already. She then got me an audience with the paint guy, who was very helpful in tracking it down and offering to pull it off the palette in back. By that time I’d been there for a couple of hours and he was saying it could take one more and I was out of time. He said the guy who does the stocking should have it on the shelf first thing in the morning but to call first just in case. A delay, but it could work…

I thought I’d give him plenty of time and waited until 10:30 this morning. I called and no one in the paint department picked up the phone. I routed to Customer Service, waited on hold for 20 minutes to be told that no one in the department was available. The Customer Service rep said he’d call back in half an hour after finding someone in paint (about twenty paces away).

Well, I’m sure you’ve guessed. No call back. Two hours later, I call again, and held again for another 20 minutes. Again, no one in the department was available to check the shelf to see if the item is stocked! No one in the entire store could spare a moment to look at a shelf for a customer who has spent hours in the store and on the phone trying to find a simple answer!

“But I’ll find someone close by to check and call you back.”

All together now- NO ONE CALLED BACK!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-06-12T04:09:13+0000  by ShannonMurphy ShannonMurphy

Hello Shannon, 

Sorry you were having problems getting help at your store in Honolulu, I've notified the Customer Care, they will get in touch with you. 

Thank you, 

Angelo
Posted 2018-06-14T13:13:53+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+