Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

How To Install a New Dishwasher

Hello,

I have bought a dishwasher for the first time.  I was told that I could install it myself from family members.  I have no clue where to begin.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I am taking cupboards out to put the dishwasher in. 

Thank you

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-01-09T00:33:42+0000  by rlcraig rlcraig

Hi rlcraig,

Start with the electrical first, locate the outlet you plan on connecting it to and test to see if that same outlet is "shared" with the outlets above the counter top.

If it is than you will need and new separate 15 amp circuit for your dishwasher.

Place the dishwasher as close as possible to the kitchen sink- you will need to change the tailpiece drain on the sink to be able to tap in with the dishwasher drain.

You will also need a water supply for the dishwasher as well. We carry two and even three way shutoff valves that have a connection for the dishwasher supply rather than re-piping the lines under the sink.

As far as the opening goes your best resource are going to be instructions supplied with the dishwasher.

Dimensions slightly vary from model to model so just make the opening according to the instructions.

Hope this helps and please do not hesitate to post back with any further questions you may have.

George

Posted 2013-01-15T17:48:15+0000  by George_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+