Sign In to join the community | Help
Plumbing

Answered

How can I unclog a toilet that have toys stuck in it?

My grandchild dropped toys in toilet and it is clogged because it was unknown and the toilet was used and flushed.  I'm not sure if it can be snaked loose?  Please help if you can. 

Happy Holidays!!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-12-24T20:45:10+0000  by kld kld

Hi Kld,

Thank you for your question and welcome to our community.

I am so sorry to hear about your predicament!   I think the first step will be to use the larger toilet snake to see if that will break the toy loose.  Hopefully, you will be able to knock the toy loose and it will flow down the drain and not get hooked on anything else on the way down.

Toilet snake by Ridgid.jpg

If you suspect that the toy is stuck in the “S” curve of the toilet, and you have not been successful in removing the clog with the Toilet Auger,  you may have to remove the toilet and snake the toilet out from the bottom end up.  Toilet S curve.jpg

Although extreme, this may be the tactic of last resort other than calling in a plumber.  If it is a smaller toy, it should flow thru with no problem though.  It will probably take the plumber longer to write up your bill than it took for him to unclog your toilet!  Below is a great YouTube video that may help you:

Have a great Holiday!

Best Answer

Posted 2013-12-24T21:50:01+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Hey Rick,

Thank you for your quick and helpful response.  My daughter rented an auger from Home Depot and it seems to have worked.  The toilet flushes again so I am assuming it worked!!

Thanks again and hope you have a happy holiday :)

Posted 2013-12-25T00:56:57+0000  by kld

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+