Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

How do I build a foldable entirely all wood 2' x 6' table for beer pong?

Hello, I'm a complete beginner in regards to experience with wood. I'd like to build a 2' x 6' table for beer pong that is entirely all wood. I've watched this video for assistance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k55kgoDCtVY but find it confusing as well as intimidating as I do not understand the teminology and I do not possess many of those tools. 

If someone could please help me with ideally a materials list and hopefully a step-by-step process that'd be very much appreciated! I plan to go to my nearest Home Depot soon to ask for advice and help.

And if you're wondering, this table is for a friend who requested it be all wood, I wish I could just use the foldable legs that you can buy.

Thanks again for any help! 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-03T11:05:12+0000  by blocmayus blocmayus

Hey blocmayus,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

I actually helped built a (I believe) regulation size beer pong (or as the company wants us to call it) AKA tailgate game table when ESPN College Gameday rolled these out last year or so. The final result below was just adding onto an existing table, but it was plastic and with metal legs.

You can read about a basic setup on it below by clicking on the image.

I saw the great YouTube video on the all-wood table, but I didn't see any info on there for a materials list. I'd say to keep with your friends request, I'd carefully pause and take notes of measurements of each part in the video.

The table I made was made of 4'x8' 3/4" plywood, which is what I've seen is the regulation size.

23/32 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. BC Sanded Pine Plywood

We do carry metal legs, if you can dissuade your friend from using all-wood. You can click on the image below for more information.

Folding Banquet Table Legs (2-Pack)

It was optional, but I built a piano hinge on the middle to fold it up somewhat easier.

1-1/2 in. x 48 in. Bright Brass Continuous Hinge

I apologize for not having step-by-step instructions, I can team up with one of my fellow forum experts who still may have the write up for it. It maybe next week before I get the information, so be patient.

In the meantime, if you have specific questions or concerns, I can go over them with you as best as I can.

I'll keep you updated on getting the instructions for you.

Regards,

Joseph

Posted 2014-01-04T20:12:41+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+