Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

How do I connect two different wall materials?

I recently purchased an older home. The previous owners knocked down a couple of walls on the main floor. In the dining room they ripped out the plaster and lathe but they left it in the kitchen. In the dining room they replaced it with pine. My problem now is the plaster and lathe wall sticks out about an inch further than the pine. What can I do to tie the two different materials together? I have no clue what to do. It looks terrible and unfinished now. Thank you for your advice ahead of time!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-15T16:58:43+0000  by Broncofan Broncofan



You will need a couple pieces of trim lumber to make the raw edge more presentable. A piece of wooden lath to butt up to the wood paneling and a wooden corner bead which will lap over the plaster onto the piece of wooden lath. The new trim can be stained to match the paneling or painted to match the kitchen paint.


Whether stained or painted, you will save mess in the house by pre-painting or staining the new trim after dry fitting it, and before final installation.

Posted 2013-11-15T20:10:31+0000  by ordjen
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question