Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

How do I fix a touch-response lamp?

This lamp hasn't worked for several years, but my mother-in-law wants me to fix it.  I can't locate information on repairing these types of lamps.  If it can't be fixed, is it possible to simply rewire it and install a switch on the power cord?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-11T21:31:17+0000  by vkitty vkitty

Howdy vkitty,


Allow me to be the first to welcome you to The Home Depot community. This is a great place to offer: questions, answers, expertise, and opinion. So let's get to work on how to convert your touch lamp to a switch lamp.


switch1.JPG  switch2 (1).JPG  switch3.JPG


You can cut the wire, snip the smooth the wire that is smooth, and add the switch for a inline lamp switch.


Another great option is to first of use some wirenuts and bypass the sensor and add this plug. This is just as easy and I'm happier with the results this way.


                wire_connectors_chart.jpg     17069.I-120CS_4.jpg


Remember, when working with; electricity, gas, or plumbing you should have a some experience before taking on this type of project. if your not comfortable working with electricity, don't be shy about asking for help.


Happy Switching,

Posted 2013-07-11T22:33:07+0000  by Dave_HD_OC
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question