Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

How do I hang a 100lb. Plywood painting? What hardware will I need for the painting and the wall?

I made a painting on a whole piece of 3/4 inch thick plywood and need advice on how to mount it on the wall. What hardware will I need for the painting and for the wall? Thank you!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-22T23:42:36+0000  by Judyrama Judyrama

Hey Judyrama,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Being a fellow artist myself, I love knowing that The Home Depot has art supplies and materials.

The first thing I would recommend is to plan and find out where you want your painting to hang. See if you can find studs in the wall if you can.

While this can assist you in hanging the picture, you can also use professional picture hanging hooks we sell by OOK that are rated for 100 lbs.  You don't necessarily have to find a stud for this type of hanger, but a sturdy wall will greatly assist you.

Click on the image of it below for more information.

Use several of these alongside picture hanging wire that is securely fastened to the painting (heavy duty staples or hooks can work).

This is one option via hanging to do it...but you can also use adhesive to secure it to the wall. However, this is a more permanent install, and is very tough to remove it afterwards. Therefore, I prefer the hanging method shown above.

Was this a solution you were looking for? Please let us know by updating us on your next step to installing your creation!

Cheers,
Joseph

Posted 2013-11-23T15:05:17+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Thank you very much for your advice! :-)
Posted 2013-11-24T02:02:55+0000  by Judyrama

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+