Install & Replace

How do I install a Pocket Door in a new wall

How do I install a new pocket door in a  wall I am building

Kermit

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-06-03T18:48:16+0000  by Kermit Kermit

Hello Kermit,

Welcome to the community.

This project has come up a few other times in the community. 

I'm going to give you a link to a previous post by Brandon that Gotogregg and Greengiant helped out on. Brandon posted some great pictures so as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Check it out.:smileysurprised:

step 1.jpgstep 2.jpgstep 3.jpgstep 4.jpg

I’m also including a link to the website for one of the manufacture of the pocket door frame that we sell. They have really clear instructions and a video of step by step instructions. It looks like this is the same pocket door frame that Brandon used for his door.

pocket door frame.jpg

The framing is the same as a hinged door. The rough opening will be 2X the width plus 1”. Then it’s just following the instructions to install the pocket door frame to the manufactures specs. You shouldn't have any trouble since you are working with new construction.

If you get a chance take a few pictures as you go and post them to share with the rest of the community.

So take a look at the post and the instructions on the manufactures website and then let me know if you have any other questions I would love to help.:smileyhappy:

Posted 2011-06-03T21:23:58+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+