Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

How do I install aluminum wall panel 4' aff with top trim?

I looking to install aluminum panels at the lower part of my hallway walls and would like to separate top and bottom by installing metal trim to separate the two spaces. Do I install the track (trim) first or the panel?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-09-09T15:51:44+0000  by Joiegal Joiegal

Hi there Joeigal,

Thanks for your question!~

Normally your trim would be installed last as it would fit between a short gap between the pieces that it butts up against. However this may vary depending on the particular panel system that you're using. Are you installing a specific system that you could link us to, or is this a custom job? If custom, I would recommend using the trim piece last then just like I mentioned.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Be sure to Subscribe to your posts!~ Look for the [Options] drop down at the top right of your post and select [Subscribe] from the list to stay alert to new activity or replies to your questions. = )

Also, if this answer was helpful to you or solved your problem, please hit the Accept As Solution button to let us know!~
Posted 2013-09-12T13:56:52+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI
Hello Joeigal!

Begin you process using a level and chalk line to create a straight, level line four-feet above the floor.

Remove the shoe molding and use construction adhesive to attach the aluminum panels level to the line.

Use a staple gun or brad nailer to replace the shoe molding and then use these tools again to attach a chair rail molding at the top.

Fill nail holes with wood filler and paint after wood filler dries.

NOTE:
Chair railing is not required, but will create a "finished" appearance.
Posted 2014-07-24T22:05:10+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+