Sign In to join the community | Help
Doors & Windows

How do I install new window in old home?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-01T22:00:57+0000  by badmanr2000 badmanr2000

Hello badmanr2000 and welcome to the community!

Window installation can be difficult unless you know some of the basics. To avoid drowning you in too much detail, I'm going to give you some website links that will show you how to do it step by step. Then after you read or watch them you can ask questions that you might have. 

But before you click on the links below let me explain the 2 different types of windows you might consider. The first question I always ask a customer is "Do you want New Construction Windows or Replacement" and the customer will usually say they are looking to replace their old windows. And that's fine, nobody expects the buyer to know the difference. 

Your choices for new windows will be whether to get “Full Frame Replacement Windows” or “Insert Replacement Windows”. Full Frame Replacement Windows are also known as “New Construction Windows” while Insert Replacement Windows are also known, simply as “Replacement Windows”. The main difference between the two types is the installation method used to attach them to your house. 

Window Installation and Window Replacement

The Home Depot - YouTube site with several videos

Andersen: How To Install Tilt-Wash Double-Hung Insert Replacement Window

Andersen" How To Install Woodright Double-Hung Insert Replacement Window

How to Install New Construction Windows in Block Type Construction

Posted 2013-08-02T15:29:22+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+