Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

How do I make a collapsible wall desk measuring 27" wide that can support weight up to 70 lbs?

I want to utilize space in my bedroom but really need a desk for simple tasks or to create an ergonomic space to work on my laptop and not hunched over on my bed.  Best measurements for the wall I want it on would make it 27" wide and the clearance from wall to bed is 50" clearance.  I know that granite countertops that have a bar or overhang use brackets/ supports underneath that can hold lots of weight depending on their size but can't figure out how to implement a support that is collapsible.  I'm flexible on the design just need some structural guidance of material that I need.

Here are some pictures of the closest thing to what I was thinking of.     PLEASE HELP!!!!

SMALLER SCALE OF COURSE CONSIDERING THE AREA i HAVE TO WORK WITH.

photo kitchen-console-folding-table-3_zps71e1097a.jpg photo kitchen-console-folding-table-2_zpsd55b1d96.jpg

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-13T01:51:02+0000  by wonderwoman_67 wonderwoman_67

I am sketching out something exactly like this for the same reason. There are several ways you can do it. If you google collapsible desk plans it will bring up a gazillion places you can check out.Www.anawhite.com has plans galore including a small hanging art desk project that might work if you just want a place to park the laptop. I personally am working on a wood support leg that will fold up againt the desk when collapsed similiar to what they show there. A simple hanging chain system from the top may work for you however if you piece is much smaller. Good luck!

Posted 2014-01-11T18:40:08+0000  by ChristinaMcG
oops sorry www.ana-white.com
Posted 2014-01-11T18:41:11+0000  by ChristinaMcG

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+