Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

How do I make a kitchen floor appear larger? The floor is 10' x 10'.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-18T16:45:37+0000  by Floor Floor

Hey Floor,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

To make a floor appear larger will be determined by the type of flooring options out there you use...which are a lot for a kitchen.

I like using a rectangular (NOT SQUARE) shape flooring, be it in tile or vinyl form, and then install the planks towards a natural light source....like a window or outside door. This gives a more elongated appearance to the floor.

The image below best demonstrates this.

Highland Hickory

Another way to make the floor appear larger is by the simple use of using a light color. Whether it is laminate, wood, vinyl, or tile...be sure to use a light colored finish. Any dark colors give a sense of intimacy, but since this is already a small area, use a light colored floor.

Choose a color that could match the lightest color(s) of your cabinets, walls, or even just a color you prefer.

The best option for you at this point is come into your local Home Depot and view the options for yourself. Depending on your tastes and budget will determine the best flooring. However, I'd lean on something that is rectangular and light colored to help open the size of the floor...at least visually.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2014-01-18T16:55:35+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+