Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

How do I make this design?

Hiya everyone! I was just wondering how to make the design on the wall in the following picture, and also if there might be a walpaper like it. thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-08-06T14:00:28+0000  by discountedlarva discountedlarva

Hello discountedlarva,

Thanks for your question, and welcome to the community!

I really like this image you want to use for your living space, very stylish but not inundated with color, just simple grey hues. To get this contemporary look, you are most certainly going to have to paint stripes horizontally in various colors to achieve this. While I know you stated you wanted a wallpaper option, the only one I found online through us had grey but also beige pattern stripes as well. Unless you found the source image that you uploaded, it will be rather difficult to pinpoint a close or even exact match, if it was indeed a wallpaper design.

With that said, if you measure up the wall (or walls) you'd like to paint, you can easily do this project provided you do the right prep work and tools beforehand. Calculate the area of the wall to ensure you get the right amount of supplies. Any imperfections by way of nail holes or dents in the wall need to be fixed before any priming or painting. Be sure that the wall is cleaned off so that the new primer or paint can easily go on without complications. Since you don't have any saturated low-hide colors (like a deep red), you won't have to use a tinted primer, but a primer will give you a better base to start out this project than not using one at all.

The secret to getting good lines for making the stripes is in the tape you use. Luckily, we have a previous video by our in-house paint expert 

Posted 2012-08-06T18:17:12+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+