Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

How do I measure the kids room to put a rug in room

I'm a single parent of three and I'm looking to put a rug down for the kids bedroom it will be much easier for me and I would also like to know what can I do to get a special deal on a rug since I'm on a budget... How do I measure the kids room so I can put a rug in the bedroom that's spill proof and how much will the rug cost me ?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-14T21:16:05+0000  by lakisha2014 lakisha2014

Hey lakisha2014,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

To measure the kid's room, you simply grab a measuring tape and measure the overall length and width of the room.

Step 1: Establish a layout line

Once you get the width and length of your room, you can decide if you want a rug to fit most of the room or just an active area. For example, even with kids you don't necessarily have to place a rug over beds or furniture.

In terms of deals or special buys, the best thing for you to do is to check our online selection of area rugs or come into your nearest Home Depot for our in-stock selections.

Shop Popular Area Rug Colors

Since there are over 10,000 area rugs and mats we sell online and over 200 in the store, I unfortunately cannot quote a price here since I don't know what tastes, budget, or even size of the rug you need first.

Come down to your local Home Depot and/or visit our online selection of rugs by clicking the image above to find out more. But first, measure the room so you can get the best deal.

I will say that you can also buy remnant carpet at your local store for a deal and then use a runner tape shown below to give it a finished edge. This sometimes can be cheaper than buying an area rug outright.

Runner Edge Pecan

For making it spillproof, you can use a ScotchGard spray (shown below) on the tape to help with it being waterproof and a pad underneath to prevent any liquids from leaking through the rug.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2014-01-15T15:36:13+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+