Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

How do I repaint crackle finish? It continues to crackle all layers days after....

I painted crackle finish in my bathroom and it turned out awful!!! It looks like the walls have melted. Once it dried 24 hours after the project nighmare, I sanded the walls and reapplied the origional paint, it too crackled. WIll theis product continue to work days later, what can i do to rescue this project now? Please help!!!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-07T19:26:12+0000  by skeeter01 skeeter01

Hello skeeter01!

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder!

Like you, I have tried so many products that several simply did not suit my eye.

Whenever these minor disasters occur, oil-based primer will often seal the wall as you move toward your next coating.

Zinsser Cover Stain.jpg Zinsser Cover Stain is exactly the kind of primer you need.

The manufacturer says, "Sticks to all surfaces without sanding. Dries quickly. Use any topcoat."

I would recommend allowing your Paint Associate to tint your primer to be similar to your new color ... you'll be adding your first coat of color as you prime.

Then, lightly sand with 220-grit to reduce any remaining texture or pattern.

And finally, expect to apply a second coat of primer after you wipe off the sanding dust with a dry terry towel.

"Dries quickly" means approximately one-hour per coat.

"Use any topcoat" means water-based or oil-based paints will adhere well to this primer.

These steps will ensure the old crackle finish is sealed and your new paint adheres and covers that unsightly "melted" appearance.

Posted 2014-01-07T20:38:39+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+