Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

How do I replace light blub on Hampton Bay Sidewinder fan HD285314

I am trying to change the light bulb on the Hampton Bay Sidewinder fan. It shows the following model number online:

Model # HD285314, Internet # 202867714

I tried pushing up the light globe and turning it counter clockwise as has been suggested in many places. It turns a bit and then gets stuck - can't move it any further even with considerable force. Also, I don't see any opening for the pin to come out anyways even if I can somehow push it further.

This is quite frustrating. Looks like it is an online model only so I can't even find it in a local home depot and ask someone there.

Jai

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-09-23T19:28:28+0000  by jairawat jairawat

Hi jairawat, welcome and glad you joined the community. Sorry to hear you’re having a hard time getting the globe off to change the light bulb.

You’re pursuing it the correct way. Pushing up on the globe and turning counter clockwise. I have found that your Hampton Bay fan was manufactured by King of Fans. Perhaps they can help tweak the process that’s in their manual.

You can place a call to King of Fans at 1-800 330-3267, M-F 8am-5pm EST. If you do not have a manual, you can obtain one from them or download one from our website using the internet number and click on the more info tab, then click on instructions/assembly. Hope this helps. 

Posted 2012-09-24T18:10:02+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+