Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

How do I wire lamp whose switch is broken? It has a light bulb - florescent with two rings. Two w

How do I wire  lamp whose switch is broken?  It has a light bulb - florescent with two rings.  It has two white lines and two black lines connected to the switch and one black line each going out to the cord.  I can plug it in and control the power by a light switch, so I do not need a switch for the lamp.  I just need to know which lines to put together.  Do I put the white lines together with one black from the cord, and then the two black lines to the other cord line?  Or do I put black and white together and add to cord?

Thanks for you help.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-15T12:28:12+0000  by SMOKEYIS1 SMOKEYIS1

Hey SMOKEYIS1,

Welcome to the community and welcome to your question!

I see that another user answered your same question on another post.

As long as you know what the neutral wires are from the lamp (which should be braided, and not smooth black wire) that will determine what can be connected.

In fact, any braided wire will be connected together and any smooth wire will be connected together. It is essentially wiring together hot and neutral wires in their respective connections. If you cross any over, the breaker will trip that feeds this lamp and it won't work.

This should be the solution for your lamp. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask us. Update on your progress; I hope your lamp will get fixed.

Regards,

Joseph

Posted 2013-05-18T19:34:38+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+