Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

How do i make a frame using woood 24 by 36 size

I want to make a wooden frame 24 by 36 size at home.... I dont have any tools & never done any thing like that....

I did see a Glass ready size of 24 by 36..... N i saw hardboard that a advisor said I could take to the counter n some one can cut it for me...... I saw sum wood in general purpose abt 3 inches wide n wanna use sum rosettes in the corners to enhance the look.... I thought of adding another thinner piece of wood all around the wood in front behind it so that the glasss and the hard board with the poster can all fix in that thicknessf the thin wood......

I wanna know if this is the right way?

Can I hot glue the wood to stick as its a huge frame or i shud use nails?? ( which nails)

I wanted to use plexi glass but it seems its difficult to cut.....

Pls help is a lay mans language..... Lemme know what all I need to make it in my apartment..

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-16T03:03:31+0000  by Rupali Rupali

Hi Rupali,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community!

When you said the right way, are you referring to building a frame with the information provided?

First off, using hot glue as an adhesive is actually one of the worst things to use to bind materials of this size together. While hot glue is fine for small crafts, it would most likely come apart due to the size and weight of the frame you use.

Using, finishing nails or small screws are one of the best items to use for frames. Using a plexi-glass or regular glass that is pre-cut to the size you want eliminates the need to trim it down if you don't have the materials.

We have a great thread already our forums regarding how to make your own frame. Click on the image below, and it will take you directly to it.

picture frame.JPG

Once the frame is built, you can then add rosettes of your choice using nails or screws. If you decide to use glue on it, wood glue would suffice.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-10-09T16:55:28+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+