Sign In to join the community | Help
Plumbing

How do increase the amount of water in the toilet bowl of a Glacier Bay high efficiency toilet?

Just installed new toilet, too little water in toilet bowl, what adjustment can I make to increase that?  It's a Glacier Bay high efficeincy elongated all in one toilet.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-14T18:11:49+0000  by JTBax JTBax

Hello JTBax!

Maximizing the water level in your toilet bowl is a relatively simple operation:

1) Beneath the toilet bowl is the toilet trap ... shaped somewhat like an upside-down U.

Toilet Trap.jpg

Water flows from the tank into the bowl and fills the upside-down U until it flows over the mid-point of the U and goes down the drain ... note the red arrow at the overflow point.

2) Inside the tank you have a level adjustment, usually found on the float valve. Water goes two places when the float valve is open ... it fills the tank and it also fills the trap. As you adjust the level higher inside the tank, water also fills the trap higher toward the overflow point and the water level in the bowl fills higher as a result.

IN A NUTSHELL:

Raising the water level in your tank will also raise the water level in your bowl.

Follow up should you have additional questions.

Posted 2014-01-14T19:03:53+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
How do I  increase the amount of water in the toilet bowl of a Glacier Bay high efficiency toilet? Just installed new toilet, too little water in toilet bowl, what adjustment can I make to increase that?  It's a Glacier Bay high efficeincy elongated all in one toilet.. Water level in tank is as high as it can go. So increasing the water level in the tank will not work!
Posted 2018-10-18T01:38:41+0000  by drutter59

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+