Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

How do you cut premium mosaic glass tile?

I've tried single wheel conventional glass cutter. I've tried the two wheeled nipper. I've tried a Diamond wheel. Nothing seems to give me a decent precise cut or even a semi-smooth edge.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-02-05T17:23:48+0000  by jlcdlc jlcdlc

Hey jlcdlc,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Most professionals will tell you the absolute best way to cut glass tile is by using a wet tile saw. 

This does a lot better and efficient job than any hand-held or manual cutting tools out there. I know this from personal experience, as I had to do a lot of diagonal cuts on a coffee table I refinished last year. 

I used a QEP Wet Tile Saw to get the job done of those cuts. You'll need to use proper eye and hand protection, as I did.

Working slowly and safely when using a wet tile saw

If purchasing a wet tile saw is something that is out of your budget, consider renting a much larger one for a lot less money. You can rent these powerful tile cutters in a day or 4 hour rental. 

Tile Saw

Just come down to your local Home Depot to get the right wet saw for you. I'd only suggest to purchase a small saw like I used if you intend to do a lot of tiles now and in the future. Typically, you can just rent one out and you don't have to commit to having it.

Wet saws, when used correctly, will give you smooth and precise cuts. Remember any cuts that are left should be on the edges of the surface, so the regular uncut tiles are the ones seen and used most.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2014-02-05T17:53:37+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+