Sign In to join the community | Help
Our Workshops

How do you winterize a sliding glass door?

I experience a larg amount of cold air coming into my house during the winter months through our sliding glass doors. I have replaced the weather stripng and everything I can think of but without losing the functionality of the door by coveing in plastic I can't seem to identify a way to winterize this door.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-09-24T19:37:48+0000  by blaisure blaisure

Welcome to the Community blaisure.

Winterizing sliding glass doors.

It sounds like you have done as much as possible to stop the cold drafts from your old sliding door.  I don’t have any suggestions to fix your door except to replace it with a new energy  efficient  model.  New technology use in manufacturing patio doors has significantly improved.   Home Depot carries a wide variety of sliding patio doors at various price points,  that meet the Energy star rating.  This is important because it should dramatically improve your comfort, and your energy usage.  They will also meet the requirements for the Federal Energy Star tax credit, if it is installed by December 31st 2013.  See link below.

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=tax_credits.tx_index

Let me know if I can be of more help.

Charlotte.

I am a Home Depot Associate, trained and authorized to help people on the internet.

Posted 2013-09-24T20:50:52+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+