Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

How does Pergo or Allure hold up to portable dishwashers?

I've searched and searched, and can't find an answer. Does anyone know how well Pergo or Allure holds up to portable dishwashers?

I don't want to go rolled linoleum, and squares are definitely out.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-18T07:55:51+0000  by SyrenSkywolf SyrenSkywolf

Hey SyrenSkywolf,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

When you are speaking of TrafficMaster Allure or Pergo laminate flooring, are you referring to how well they will hold up if they spill or simply the weight of it over the floor?

In either case, both can work pretty effectively, but since the Allure is a vinyl not wood-based substrate, it will be more waterproof.

In terms of the weight, both will hold even larger appliances with no problem...provided they are installed correctly.

I personally like Allure since it is a vinyl substrate and it is easier to repair if any scratches or water come in contact under the planks. Laminate floors are more susceptible to water damage and wear over time. Regardless if the portable dishwasher spills or not, this is a big factor to consider.

Trafficmaster resilient flooring

As with anything you buy in life, always compare warranty and features to see which one is best for you. In either case, you'll have a good new kitchen floor.

Let me know if you have any further specific questions,

Joseph

Posted 2014-01-18T15:09:16+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+