Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

How much does it cost to rent a floor sander?

Why can't I find list of prices to rent tools here? I would like to get the cost so that I can plan my project

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-11T07:25:20+0000  by Rodney12 Rodney12

Tool rental pricing and availability varies by store location, so that's why you don't see in online.  Call your local store for prices.

Posted 2014-01-11T13:37:47+0000  by Adam444

Hey Rodney12,

Thanks for joining us here on the community!

Adam444 is dead on about pricing and availability...I've worked in Tool Rental at my store here in Atlanta and can personally attest to that.

I just wanted to add that most stores that have a Tool Rental do have floor sanders, and there's usually more than one type and not all are the same price. I just wanted to add from what Adam444 already said for the choices you have when it comes to renting a floor sander.

There's actually 4 sanders we rent out, starting with the one shown directly below.

Drum Sander

Drum Sander

Clarke American Sanders
•  Removes imperfections and old finishes to prepare for varnishing and polishing
•  Available with expandable drum for no-tool paper changes
•  Secured belt-guard, lever-controlled drum, disassembles for easy transport
Power:  1-1/2HP
Speed:  1800 RPM
Cable:  40 ft
Weight:  105 lbs

Safety Requirements: Always wear eye and ear protection and breathing mask. See operator's manual.

Floor Maintainer

Floor Maintainer

Clarke American Sanders Floor Maintainers
•  Versatile polisher uses a range of pads to scrub, scour and buff hard surfaces
•  Sands decks with grit-brush attachment
•  Safety handle reduces operator fatigue
•  Dual independent micro-switches reduce down time
•  Non-marking, vinyl bumper protects walls and furniture

Safety Requirements: Always wear eye and ear protection and breathing mask. See operator's manual.

Square Buff Sander

Square Buff Sander

Clarke American Sanders
•  Removes scratch patterns left by drum or rotary sanders; ideal for interim "screen and recoat" sanding jobs
•  1 HP motor; 3450 orbits per minute
•  Designed for effective dust containment

Wood Floor Edger

Wood Floor Edger

Clarke American Sanders
•  Sands wood floors right up to the baseboard
•  Precision balanced sanding pad
•  600 cu in capacity, fine filter dust bag
•  Non-marking roller guard built-in headlight
Power:  1 HP
Speed:  2800 RPM
Cable:  50 ft
Weight:  41 lbs

So as you can see, you have various options for renting out a sander. I'd personally opt for the drum sander and edger to totally refinish the floor. Use the square buff sander for lighter refinishes and the floor maintainer for buffing and light passes.

Rental is one thing; purchasing the belts or screens of sandpaper is another matter. Depending on how much of an area and how much you want to refinish will determine how much this will cost. This is another reason we don't or more accurately, can't quote prices unless you contact the store directly.

That's why when you call your local store that has a Tool Rental, also ask for a quote on the sandpaper...as that can be as much as renting the sander, if not more.

Let us know if you have questions,

Joseph

Posted 2014-01-11T14:32:31+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+