Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Seasonal & Holiday

How to Make A Harvest Garland

The colors of the autumn season are spectacular! It seems that quickly, and all at once, the trees are ablaze with vibrant, intense hues of gold, orange, and scarlet, and just as quickly as they came they fall.  The ground then becomes a natural mosaic, a masterpiece all its own; a palate that I wish could be preserved far beyond the harvest months.

Capture the colors of the season, create a simple: “Harvest Garland”. Keep the warm, rich colors of the autumn preserved forever with this easy to make garland.

Gather all your tools, and materials:

WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS JOB:
ToolsMaterials

Scissors

Hot glue Gun

1 inch paint brush

tape measure or ruler

paper plates

jute twine

paint samples

# Ryobi 10 biscuit joiners

twigs from your yard

STEP 1. Begin with the painting both sides of your biscuit joiners. I painted 20 of each color, and then painted 20 that were spotted with all the colors. Let them dry thoroughly.

User-added image

STEP 2. Measure and cut a length of twine that is 9 feet. Make a knot every 6 inches.

STEP 3. Clip your branches about 3-4 inches long, insert twigs into knots.

User-added image

STEP 4. Collect, (rake up) all your freshly painted, dried leaves..

STEP 4. Evenly place, but randomly select your leaves and hot glue them in place on your twine. I placed a cluster in-between each knot, and a random few scattered along.

Drape it, hang it, or wrap it around a wreath on your front door; place this garland on a table with candles as a centerpiece, or display it with colorful gourds and mini pumpkins on a mantle, anywhere you would like a touch of autumn.

Welcome the Season with all its colorful glory!

Continue the painted biscuit theme with: How to Create a Harvest Wreath!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-10-21T17:33:41+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS Maureen_HD_BOS

Topic
Categories+