Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

How to apply wallpaper

I'm trying to apply wallpaper on one wall that's 11.5x8 . How many rolls will I need if each roll covers 56 sq ft. ? What tools will I need besides adhesive to apply the wallpaper. Any insight will help.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-09-29T01:04:19+0000  by Nesken09 Nesken09

Hello Nesken09.  Welcome to the community.

Wallpapering

If your wall is 11.5’x8’multiply together to =92 sq. ft.  You will need 2 rolls of paper since 1 roll covers 56 sq. ft and this will give you extra for matching pattern and trimming. 

Some tools you will need are a straight edge, snap off knife, plumb line, tape measure or yard stick, wallpaper brush, paste brush, trim guide with stainless steel blade, seam roller, sponge, wall paper tray and working  table.

Morehelpfulhintscanbefoundbyopening thelinkbelow.

http://www.homedepot.com/c/webapp/catalog/servlet/ContentView?pn=wallpaper_tools_buying_guide_HT_BG_DC&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053

The plumb line is used to establish a straight vertical line a little less than width of your wallpaper roll from the starting corner of your wall.  This will give you nice level horizontal lines. 

Is this what you are looking for?

Charlotte.

I am a Home Depot Associate, trained and authorized to help people on the internet.

Posted 2013-10-01T14:05:16+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+