Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

How to change bulb in dome glass ceiling lamp. no screw? can't remove glass dome???

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-08T23:18:54+0000  by dmckean dmckean

Rotate the glass about 1/4 turn counter-clockwise as you look at it from below.  If you're having a hard time getting a grip, try a couple of those rubber thingies made to get the lid off of a jar.  Or a silicone pot mat or two.

Posted 2013-10-09T00:06:27+0000  by Adam444

Hey dmckean,

Thanks for joining us here on the community!

As Adam444 stated, you can turn the bowl counterclockwise. However, if you can tell us what kind of ceiling fan you have, this can greatly assist you and us with getting it off.

For example, if it is a Hampton Bay or Hunter fan (or even most of them), you can read the model number/SKU/UPC stamped on top of the motor housing to find out info on it. Once you do that, we can get an owners manual from the internet or the manufacturer to see exactly how it can be removed.

Let us know what the fan you have, and we can go further from there.

Joseph

Posted 2013-10-09T14:22:35+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
You can try unscrewing, but you might have my experience of having the entire unit twist out of the screws holding it to the ceiling, and now you've got a dangling unit hanging by wires that you cannot re-attach to the ceiling and still can't open to simply change a lightbulb. The smarter thing to do is shop around for a good price on a decent electrician, and purchase a light that has screws.  I can't take the chance of breaking glass in my baby's room or electrocution myself just to change a light job. Gonna be $300 to change a light bulb. 
Posted 2019-02-14T05:46:15+0000  by JeremyH73

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+