Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

How to fix little pinholes showing up ...

Hi - I have tiny pinhole showing up on my new paint with the other paint showing through.  If this was over a white I would let it go, but I am having a blue paint show through pinholes in Navajo White.  How do I correct this?

I originally had a blue wall painted 23 years ago in a flat paint.  I did all of the prep work and then painted a coat of Behr Prem Plus in a light blue flat enamel - waited a couple of weeks due to other renovations, and then painted another coat.  The color didn't look well with the rest of the projects going on so I placed Navajo White Behr Prem Plus Ultra 2 coats in one day.  I waited over 2 hrs before applying the 2nd coat.  I used a big roller, edger, and a brush for the corners.  This paint job took place on Saturday.  Sunday and Monday I went around on the corners to to touch ups with artistic brushes.

Now on Wednesday I went in to look at the walls and I notice these little pin holes showing up and the other blue underneath.  I just need to get rid of this blue, please advise.

Thank you.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-01T20:52:39+0000  by katc katc

Hello Katc!

Welcome back! I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with your paint job. :( What room are you painting? Is this a bathroom or a kitchen? The issue you are experiencing is common in a bathroom or a kitchen. The pinholes can be a result of the surface having either hairspray or cooking oil spatter on it. With that being said, another coat of paint should get rid of those pinholes. 

Please let us know if you have any more questions!

Christine :)

Posted 2013-05-06T14:00:38+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

It's in a bedroom.  I painted 2 hrs after the first coat and Behr informed me it should have been 4 hrs after the first coat.  Little craters are forming with the old paint color showing through.  Is there a way to fill in the crater without repainting all of the walls again?

Posted 2013-05-10T03:44:18+0000  by kcollins

I think it was based on how long you waited in between coats.  Should be 4+ hours, the darker the color the longer the dring time.  Get some toothpick and dip them in paint, the sharp point will color in the hole.

Posted 2013-05-13T02:37:08+0000  by beth00

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+