Sign In to join the community | Help

How to fix the wall damage before putting touch-up paint

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-27T23:25:53+0000  by twmc35rr twmc35rr

Hello twmc35rr!


Assuming you're walls are made of sheetrock, your repair will be rather simple.


Sheetrock is made of two layers of paper with a layer of "mud" sandwiched between.


"Mud" is a generic name for spackle or sheetrock compound.


The name generally refers to a heavier water-based paste that is used to build joints and repair holes.


In the Paint Department, you'll find spackle and wall patches near the sandpaper.


"Mud" trowels are also in this area.


If your simply patching nail holes, you'll need spackle, a mud trowel, and 220-grit sandpaper.


Spread the mud over the nail hole and dry several hours. Lightly sand until the wall feels smooth to the touch.


Once satisfied with the appearance of your repair, use a paint and primer in one (either Glidden or Behr) to touch-up.


I prefer the white sponge roller because they are the smoothest paint tools we sell.



Because mud is water-based, you can substitute a slightly damp sponge for sandpaper. Wipe the surface several times then rinse and wring-out the sponge. Wipe until the surface feels smooth then dry before touch-up.

Posted 2013-05-28T13:09:59+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question