Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

How to get rid of these marks

I used the easy off oven cleaner for my grill and was spraying in on the top of the nexgrill ceramic burner lid. (Stupid I know) now I can’t remove these stains it is not on the surface, it seems like it seeped into the cermaic. I’ve tried vinegar, baking soda and even CLR but nothing worked. What can I do? ( in the last post I said it was aluminum but I was wrong) What items can I pick up to fix this problem. Imagine below. Thank you for answering!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-05-10T04:01:42+0000  by Chelsea143 Chelsea143

Greetings Chelsea143,

You have given the clean up a great effort, but unfortunately, I believe that you did not stain your side burner lid, you removed the finish. Oven cleaner is a very powerful solvent; it is composed of ingredients that removed baked on, solid, masses, so a light, metal-finish, when in contact with the powerful cleaner, could be removed in seconds. The result is that no matter how hard you scrub or clean the silhouette of the grill crate will never disappear.

I spoke with Nexgrill, I explained your dilemma and the representative agrees…the finish is gone!

The only option I have to recommend is: that you call Nexgrill with the model and serial number of your grill, you can order a replacement side burner cover, the solution is not perfect, you will still see traces of the oven cleaner damage around the perimeter of the lid, but it won’t be so obvious.

The associate I spoke with at Nexgrill was very helpful, give the company a call they have team standing by to answer questions, and order parts.

Best of luck and happy grilling,

Maureen

Please see your other posted question for link to Nexgrill

Posted 2018-05-10T16:07:12+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+