Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

How to keep road noise out of the house

Either with decor or doors and windows wlth very little money.  The house is for sale.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-20T20:27:48+0000  by mrsf402 mrsf402

Hi mrsf402,

There is no simple solution to noise abatement inside the house, short of heavy draperies,

or new double insulated windows.

Outside, large shrubs along the road will helps keep the noise level down, but they take time to grow.

Be honest with potential buyers and explain the problem to them. Most will appreciate your candor and make an offer.

If they suspect your trying to hide deficiencies in the property they will walk away.

Mike,

Posted 2013-11-21T20:28:15+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Thanks for your input.  

Since I can't afford to get new windows, I have been trying to think of a cover for the windows.  The only problem with that is the realtors want to uncover the windows so they can show light and the patio outside.  I put a radio on outside on the patio, in the kitchen, the living room and in the bedrooms upstairs.  All on the same station.  Don't know if it helped or not. haven't gotten any feedback. 

Mrs F

Posted 2013-11-21T23:52:13+0000  by mrsf402
I concur mrsf402,

Landscaping is among the most common noise abatement strategies.

Layers of larger boundary plants combined with water scapes that trickle water nearer to your home.

Your music idea is excellent and whole-house music systems are very appealing to potential buyers.

Please take time to come back and let us know how you solved your noise problem.
Posted 2015-12-10T18:13:46+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+