Sign In to join the community | Help
Project Ideas: Outdoor Living

How to level a yard for an above ground pool

I bought an above ground pool, 14' x 48" round and my back yard has a slight angle.  How do I level the yard? What equipment should I use?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-05-13T21:32:00+0000  by powelljanie powelljanie

Hello powelljanie.  Welcome to the Community!

Since you can visibly tell that the yard has a slope, leveling out an area for your pool by hand will be a lot of work.  First off you will need to remove the lawn, as the pool needs to sit on solid ground.  A sod cutter can be rented to make life doing this much easier.  Many Home Depot stores have tool rental centers that have sod cutters.

As far as leveling the pool base, what you need to do is dig down the high parts to match the lowest point where the pool will sit.  This gives the best base and will be solid for years. 

You can either buy a 4 foot level, or run a string level and measure heights to yield the same results.

If you have rented a sod cutter, it can also be used to help loosen up the dirt along high parts, but you will still have to shovel it up and haul it away.

Obviously, the quickest way would be to either rent a front loader excavator, or hire an excavating contractor to bring one in and quickly level the area and haul away the debris.

Chris.

Posted 2016-05-17T20:13:20+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+