Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

How to make a round bed frame?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-09-25T20:21:46+0000  by jjdt jjdt

Hello Jjdt,

Welcome to the community.

I would think that the easiest way to build a round bed would be to build it just like I would do a normal platform bed just round.

Here is a diagram of the frame work that I would build out of either 2” x 6” or 2” x 10” this will be determined by how high you want your bed to be.

Round bed.jpg

Then once you have the frame work complete you can sheet the outside with ¼” plywood. Cut it to the correct height and bent it around the frame work. Use glue and fasteners to attach it to the frame work.

Now that the base frame work is complete measure the mattress and cut ¾” plywood to size, center it and attach it to the base.

You can put an anti-slip rug gripper to help the mattress from moving around.

Here is a link to a platform bed how to so you can get a few more ideas. There are quite a few threads here on the community about platform beds so click on the links that are within each post to check them all out.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I would love to help.

Posted 2012-09-28T20:15:02+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

I am interested in making my own Queen size round bed and mattress, and i would like to know if your store or any on-line video's to do it yourself, to show me how?  please send info.   thanks

Posted 2013-01-31T23:07:18+0000  by shirleyann

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+