Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

How to put a Spax screw into a concrete wall?

Hello.  Would someone please help me learn how to put a Spax screw into a cement wall?  What type of power drill or drills would be necessary?  I read elsewhere here that somone wanted to know how to it and a man said the Spax screws require a Pilot hole 2/3 the size of the screw used.  However, he was unclear about whether a hammer drill was still needed, and it seemed to imply a regular power drill can be used.

I've been to the local Home Depot store twice to get answers to this seemingly simple question, but either no-one there knows the correct answer, or they don't want to waste their time telling me.  Yes, :smileyindifferent:I am a petite woman.  I feel quite frustrated because who would need to install security devices more than a petite lady?  I just want to know how to do it PLEASE.  Thank you.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-09-09T01:22:26+0000  by HowTo HowTo

Do not fear! These are quite easy once you get the jargon out of the way. Are these the type of Spax screws you're using?

If the are, then once you have made the pilot hole using the drill, these type of screws you can just use a screwdriver and they should go in just fine, even with it being a concrete wall. 

Posted 2013-09-12T13:48:49+0000  by arthurthesolo

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+