Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

How to reface press wood kitchen cabinets

I would like to reface old press wood kitchen cabinets. I can not afford to replace them. The cabinets are original to the home, which was built 1978. At the time the cabinets are made of press wood with butcher block counter top. A few drawer fronts are off and there are no handles on the cabinets. Any ideas or suggestions for a beautification update of my kitchen??????

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-28T20:26:04+0000  by MzDIY MzDIY

Hi Mzdiy,

Kitchen remodels can take a number of different directions.

Painting your cabinets is one option, Rust-Oleum, makes a product called Cabinet Transformations. This product is an all-in-one DIY refinishing kit. Several colors are available.

You can also order new doors and drawer fronts and replace them yourself then paint or stain the cabinet bodies to match.

If you are not up to the project yourself, our Home Services Division can refinish your cabinets either with a different stained finish or paint them. You choose the color, we do the rest.

Refacing is another option; a typical refacing involves replacing the cabinet doors and drawer fronts and applying veneer to the face of the cabinets.

You keep your old cabinets but have a new exterior look and finish. Just call 1-800 HOMEDEPOT for an estimate or visit your local Home Depot store.

Mike,

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Transformations-1-Kit-Cabernet-Rust-Oleum-Cabinet-Transformations-Small-263233/203921595?MERCH=REC-_-nosearch2-3-_-NA-_-203921595-_-N

Posted 2014-01-28T22:55:53+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+