Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

How to remove splattered cooking grease from kitchen walls and cabinets?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-19T21:21:28+0000  by alder alder

I've used Bon Ami or Bar Keepers Friend to clean my cabinets. I use it to clean just about everything including my very expensive stainless steel pots.

Good Luck!

Posted 2013-04-19T21:56:52+0000  by calikity25

Hello Alder,

Welcome to the community.

I normally use baking soda mixed with warm water to clean the grease off of my stove and cabinets.

Baking Soda.jpgIt doesn't have to be Fridge-N-Freezer.

On my stove I just sprinkle the baking soda on the top of the stove and use a wet sponge to add a little water and then use a circular motion and all of the grease comes right up.

With my cabinets I mix the baking soda with warm water and then use a wet rag to wipe them down with light pressure. The mixture should be 1 part baking soda to 2 parts warm water.

** Make sure to use a non-abrasive sponge/rag when cleaning your cabinets. Also clean your sponge/rag out frequently so the baking soda doesn’t build up. **

This method was handed down to me from my grandmother and I've already handed it down to my daughter. It’s the best way to clean grease off of any appliance or hard surface. It works extremely well.

I also like the fact that it’s a chemical-free cleaner.

Let me know how it works out for you.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. The community is always here to help.

Posted 2013-04-19T22:00:34+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+