Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

How to remove vertical siding

Need help ASAP. My grandparents' gorgeous beach house is being demolished by the new owners after they close. I love the navy colored vertical siding and want to remove some to make it into a picture board. This way I get to keep a part of the house and many years of memories with me.

How to I remove vertical wood siding? Everything I have read is about replacing wood siding, so the instructions remain along the lines of brute force as the pieces are not meant to be saved. I appreciate any immediate help.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-09-01T00:19:20+0000  by zahm zahm

Hello zahm and welcome to the Community.

There are different types of vertical siding. Knowing which siding and how it is attach would allow me to be more specific, explaining how to remove it.  One of the more common type of vertical siding is t1-11, as seen below.

If your siding is like the above, I would suggest using a DEMO-BLADE on a circular saw.  Draw straight line for your cutout and try to avoid as many nails as possible. Start cutting with a plunge cut, then continue cutting out the section you desire. 

Another option is to use a reciprocating saw with a carbide-tip demo blade that will cut nail-embedded wood.

Where the cut out section may still be attached to the studs, you may need a PRYBAR to carefully pry it from the studs.

Always wear proper protection while doing demolition work, for example eye protection and gloves.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2018-09-04T13:34:04+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+