Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

How to stain a chest dresser

I recently bought a chest dresser for my son, it was a great deal ut unfortunately its pink, and white underneath that. I wanna stain it chocolate brown to match his room. How do I do that? Do i need paint stripper? What kind of sander do i need? Is it better to use paint or a spray can? ect.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-21T00:46:02+0000  by laughingbird81 laughingbird81

Welcome to our community Laughingbird81!

Thank you for your questions! You actually have a few options for redoing your dresser.

One option for you, would be to use the Rust-Oleum Transformations Furniture Kit. This kit has everything you need to redo a piece of furniture. It can be tinted to a variety of colors, including chocolate brown. Included in this kit is a deglosser, which will prep your piece for painting. Many people find this kit easy to use and have produced great results.

If you do not want to go the kit route, you can use either a paint stripper, oil based primer or a deglosser. If you would like to stain it, you will have to get it down to bare wood, which means you will have to use a paint stripper. If you are planning on painting it, using a deglosser or an oil based primer will work perfectly. 

If you have any more questions, please let us know!

Christine :)

Posted 2013-10-21T13:56:41+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+